Do y’all have left over ham from New Year’s? Are you tired of the same ol’ rewarming over and over again?
Here in the South, ham is a traditional New Year’s dish. But of course I’m still not used to cooking for just 2 people and ended up with way more ham than what I needed. (Note to self, work on portioning for 2 people instead of 5) Well we reheated the ham several times, I made soup, made ham and eggs, ham salad… you get the picture. I was looking for something new when I came across a blog post on One Good Thing by Jillee . She made these wonderful sliders but of course I changed them up a bit LOL.
I really hope y’all will give these a try and let us know what you think.
Make it a great day!
Hot Ham and Cheese Sliders with Poppy Seed Dressing
- 12 white sandwich rolls (White, Wheat or King’s Hawaiian)
- 24 pieces Ham (left over baked ham or deli ham)
- 12 small slices cheese (I use whatever type of cheese I have. Cheddar, American, Swiss, Muenster, Pepper Jack etc.)
- 1/2cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup miracle whip
- 1 Tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 Tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 t onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a small bowl, mix together mayo and miracle whip.
- Slice rolls and generously spread the mayo mixture onto each side. Place 2 slices of ham and a slice of cheese between each bun.
- Place into a 9×13 pan (I actually have a glass pan that is a little bigger but the 9×13 works well)
- In a small bowl melt butter and mix in poppy seeds, mustard, onion powder and Worcestershire sauce.
- Brush mixture onto tops of the rolls. Use it all! Let sit for a out 10 minutes
- Cover with foil and back for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Uncover and let back for another 3 or 4 minutes.